Hello from New York

New Member Introductions
Pcunningham42

Hello from New York

Post by Pcunningham42 »

Fairly new to long arms and started collecting / target shooting about 3 years ago. I have gotten involved in the 8's and 81's

1910 Model 8 in .25 Rem
1922. ". 8 in .30 Rem
1929. 8 in .30 Rem
1941. 81 in. 300 Sav
1948. 81. In .300 Sav

Beautiful rifles, now where do I get ammo for the 1st three.???
:lol:
Sarge756

Re: Hello from New York

Post by Sarge756 »

Welcome! It appears you are well along with your shared addiction to Humpbacks. Shooting the 25 or 30 Remington will require reloading or purchase from a supplier of reloaded obsolete ammo.Cruising the gunshows and classifieds on forums and sites like Gunbroker will sometimes turn up boxes of original ammo.Prices usually reflect the collector status.The 30 Remington both reloaded and components will be easier to find than the 25.
Review the old postings on this forum about this subject and you should find some good information to answer your question. Need some help with reloading or getting started ? Plenty of expertise and helpful fellow addicts here. Again welcome and as you will soon find out our friend "Imfuncity" will be demanding PICTURES of your collection.We would all like to see them. Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Howdy and Welcome. We are very happy to add another who has found the 8 & 81's a pretty neat old rifle. I would say you have jumped into the fray like many of us have done. You are off to a good start with these five rifles. We would love to see some pictures of your rifles.

There area a lot of good guys here on the site who are willing to offer help and suggestions on any questions that you may have about the Remington's. Please take the time to view some of the older postings in the forums as there is a lot of information about the "springpoles".

Regards,

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

Pcunningham42 ,

We're glad to have ya here! You've got a nice assortment of springpoles, do you shoot your .300Sav's much?

You'll find out quick, we love seeing pictures here ;)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Perhaps not "demand", but .................... (read: drumming fingers)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Pcunningham42

Post by Pcunningham42 »

photo(4).JPG
81police wrote:Pcunningham42 ,

We're glad to have ya here! You've got a nice assortment of springpoles, do you shoot your .300Sav's much?

You'll find out quick, we love seeing pictures here ;)

Yes, I shoot the SAV's once a month, maybe more. I buy the bitterroot valley ammo and put one box of twenty through them (10 each) I shoot at a local range and like to compare the two. One has the rear Marbles sight and I can put them in a 6 inch shoot n see. The other has a Redfirld that is missing the aperature so, those go all over the place. I faxed an inquiry to "gun parts" and am awaiting to hear back.

I have pictures ready to go. Do I need pre approval to post them.
Last edited by Pcunningham42 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Pcunningham......No preapproval for photos...good taste of course....... View my reply re ammo on your other post ...second Mod 81 today
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

A word of explanation - we had been having on going issues with spam, etc. thus we recently established the "get approval to post" the first time. After that you are one of us, post away with your pictures thoughts, progress, helps, etc.

Welcome - but watch out for Jackitis! ;)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Now Mitch, don't go and scare him with the "Jackitis". It would appear he may already have the symptoms but seems to have it under control with 5 rifles. :o We will know if he has "jackitis" if he gets a few more and then there is no cure, :shock: only occasional relief with the purchase of the next one. :lol:

Just to let y'all know, jackitis got me again, but I got relief with five recent purchases. :( I'll do my best to get some pictures to you Mitch so you can post for me. I also have some scoped rifles that I was suppose to take pictures of and send to you to post on the forum topic about scopes. Cam mentioned that he may want to put them in the Gallery section also. I'll blame that oversight on senility but will make an effort this week to get them.

Regards,

jack1653
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Hello from Oregon, and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here...

I have been able to find and purchase about 10 boxes of 30Rem ammo in the last few months...but it is hard to find!!! Just have to keep your eye out and your wallet out!!!

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]