Hello all!

New Member Introductions
rw111

Hello all!

Post by rw111 »

Just joined your group as I just got my first Mod. 8, a 1910 by the serial number. When I got the rifle I knew it was going to by a labor of love to restore it. The worst part is that the bolt is about half cycled back and I cant seem to get it to move either way(all open or all closed) and I'm not finding the answers I need to remedy this problem so that I can disassemble and clean and inspect the darn thing. It is very dirty and has obviously hasn't been too well cared for. I did remove the barrel and forestock and buttstock and put a liberal dose of Clp throughout the action and left it to soak in. I was hoping that someone might have some possible solutions as to how to remedy this. It is a 35 Rem and I love the caliber in my Marlin lever actions and thought it would be nice to have one of these old boys as well.
Sarge756

Re: Hello all!

Post by Sarge756 »

Found this and thought it might help somebody
http://www.flickr.com/photos/buster_cha ... 42/detail/

Glad to have you here.The above info was posted by JONBEGOOD last year.It has been a big help to me and I am sure others.This site has detailed photos of a complete takedown which is what you need to do. I would also suggest you go to e-gunparts.com and view the schematic there .It`s free and if you blow it up you can see the detail of the parts you will remove,put a name to them and have some understanding what they do. While you are at it go to the barrel takedown video that Remcrazy has on this site cause you need to tear it down too and clean and lubricate. Hope you will find that as you say "really dirty" and you don`t find broken parts.If so the parts are available just takes some searching. Good Luck, Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Sarge756,

I think tere may be something wrong with the link. You may want to check it out.

jack1653
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Jack, Thanks, the link didn`t copy completely from original post from JONBEGOOD. It is still there and it works ,just tried it. To those interested go to "members" look up JONBEGOOD`s post and click on it. Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."