New Forum Member

New Member Introductions
Joe Kent

New Forum Member

Post by Joe Kent »

Just thought I would take a minute to say hello. I have "lurked" and enjoyed the forum for a while and after talking to Cam I thought I should join. I collect all types of 8's and 81's as well as early Win. autoloaders. I am looking forward to being an active member and will work to be both a credit and hopefully a friend to the members. All My Very Best, Joe Kent.
rem81auto

Re: New Forum Member

Post by rem81auto »

Hi Joe, and welcome. Dennis
81police

Post by 81police »

We're very glad to have ya Joe! Thank you again for helping me in my 8/81 research.

Which rifles do you shoot more often, the 8/81's or the Winchesters?
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Welcome indeed. Where you hail from?
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hi Joe,

Welcome aboard. The fact that you know Cam won't be held against you. I am always glad to see new collectors join so we can compare notes and share information. I look forward to hearing your perspectives on these rifles.

Regards,

jack1653
tx81

Post by tx81 »

Welcome to the (in)sanitarium. Some of us are true collectors and others of us have either stumbled across or inherited the ones we own. We're all here to help if you have any questions.

Welcome aboard!
Joe Kent

Post by Joe Kent »

Gentlemen, thank you for your kind welcoming words . I look forward to an enjoyable membership in your forum. Cam, in answer to your question, I probably , no absolutely, shoot my 8's and 81's more than my Winchesters because basically I am cheap and 35 remington is most certainly cheaper than 351 or 401. I do however shoot the Winchesters on special occasions with friends that appreciate history. As a matter of fact that is also when I bring out the various police guns to occasionally include a close friend's 21 Thompson as well as an early BAR. Once again, thank you all for your most kind welcome. All my very best, Joe. PS, I hail from west central Il.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hi Joe,

My hometown is Taylorville, Illinois. I have been out of the area since 1977 and get back a couple times a year to visit relatives. Let me know where you are located via email or PM and I might be able to make it over to see your collection. You can email me at jack1653@att.net.

Regards,

jack1653