New Member Introductions
Alan James

Post by Alan James »

Didn't know there was a site untill a few days ago. I had a Mdl 8 in 30Rem years ago and I let it go during an ill thought out trade.I had always thought of it from time to time. I got into 45-70 Winchesters and trapdoors.(real good moose guns). My neighbor picked up a Mdl 81 in 300 Savage last fall,I took one look at it and decided I needed one again. Neighbor Phil is running around Arizona till the end of the month enjoying the sunshine. He is hitting the gun shows and will hopefully bring back a Mdl 8 in 35Rem with the streight stock. Seems that I have run across a good groupe of demented souls here. Will keep you informed on the rifle.I will probably be needing some help. Al
imfuncity

Re: New Member

Post by imfuncity »

Welcome to demenita central! ;) BTW whatever happen to Dr. Demento?!? Use to enjoy listening to him while going through LA in the 70s. (Duh, no secrets since Google: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Demento) But then, there are benefits to the internet also: The Second Week of Deer Camp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9yhhflmvY
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hi Alan,

Glad you found us. Welcome to the forum. Let us know how we can help. Good Luck in your search for a rifle.

Regards,

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

welcome to the forum Alan,

There are plenty of well informed members on this site, hope we can help out.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator