First Model 81

New Member Introductions
ChopperDoc

First Model 81

Post by ChopperDoc »

Hello everyone,

I stumbled across this site today. Wish i had found it before I bought my Model 81, but it would not have mattered, I would still have bought it. I saw one on consignment in a local gun shop about 6 months ago that was in pretty bad shape. I believe it was a .35. I did not get it, but became interested in the model.

I did some research and the bought "The Great Remington 8 and Model 81 Autoloading Rifles" by John Henwood. I then found a very nice condition model 81A Standard in 300 savage on Gunbroker. Going to shoot it this weekend. I can hardly wait. I'll post some pics later.

I have not even put the first round through this thing and I am already looking for more Model 8 or 81's! Very nice design and I like the history of 'em.

Anyone here own or seen any of the Police Model's?
35Rem

Re: First Model 81

Post by 35Rem »

Welcome to the forum (and the disease ;) )
Check out the Gallery on the main page for some pictures of Police guns. I know there are a few owners on here.
Have fun, aske questions, and post plenty of pictures.

Larry
War Eagle!
TNrifleman

Re: First Model 81

Post by TNrifleman »

ChopperDoc,

Welcome to the forum. Like the rest of us, you will likely find these grand old rifles do get in your blood. Getting Henwood's book was an excellent move. There is a wealth of information there. I bought the first Model 81 that I ever handled. :D