New here ....

New Member Introductions
J. Riekers

New here ....

Post by J. Riekers »

...Hello! I am new on this forum. I've been a frequent poster and sponsor of www.levergunscommunity.com for years. Last year I got a Model 8 and a Model 81. The 8 was just pieces but I re-built it and took it hunting earlier this week. The results and photos are posted in the "Hunting with the 8/81" section of this forum. I am a Professional Hunter and Outfitter that specializes in getting clients close and using traditional, antique, old or just plain ol' open sighted rifles, pistols, muzzleloaders and archery equipment. Hence the relationship with leverguns.com. I've enjoyed the information here and I plan to visit frequently to see who's hunting with their Remingtons, what great deals were found, view technical info and see what might be for sale. Thanks for having me!

Joe Riekers
www.TARSporting.com
Rockwall, Texas U.S.A
Lephalale, Illisris, R.S.A.
www.TARSporting.com
co-owner
Professional Hunter

buy Joe's books: www.huntingtheintroducedspecies.com
81police

Re: New here ....

Post by 81police »

You picked a great set of vintage rifles for hunting old school. The model 8 and 81 are perfect, and classy ;)

We're real glad to have you here, hope to hear more about your hunting. The most challenging hunting I've done was with a 5.5" barreled Ruger Super Blackhawk tuned by Bob Munden...

http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards.c ... thread=186

Welcome to the forums!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed welcome. Great stories and pics.

Cam, thanks for posting your pistol deer, somehow I had missed that one.

Got an early (1988) Super Redhwak 44mag as my put away gun for "that day" I get to do my first hunt. For some reason my wife thinks I look funny trying to walk (let alone hunt) with a 9.5" hogleg! But my son got my SBH 44 with the butter trigger, had to have sumpt'n, the price was right, and can't feel the recoil! :roll:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Hey Joe, Dennis Wolfe here we used to see each other at the New York Vintager's Side X Side Shoot if you remember. I would set up with Carol Barnes of Gunnerman Books.
J. Riekers

Post by J. Riekers »

Dennis - I was just thinking about you the other day. I was looking at the dates of the Southern SxS and thought of you and Carol. Might see you again soon.
www.TARSporting.com
co-owner
Professional Hunter

buy Joe's books: www.huntingtheintroducedspecies.com
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Joe, I hope you can make the Southern it's the best SXS Show going IMHO. I will look forward to seeing you again. Dennis