Remington Model 16 info

Other great Remington rifles
Hardrada55

Remington Model 16 info

Post by Hardrada55 »

I need some info on the Remington Model 16 semi-auto .22 (which was only chambered in the .22 Remington Auto cartridge). The Remington Model 16 is supposed to be a take-down, but how do you do the take-down? Anyone have one of these?
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
S and S HUNTCLUB

Re: Remington Model 16 info

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Hello sir, The Remington model 16 has two screws on the forward front left side of the receiver. The bottom screw is in an elongated hole. When the screw is slid towards the rear, it moves the plunger backwards. This will enable you to twist the front barrel assembly and detach the barrel.

Check out this auction link: Picture #17 will give you a good reference as to how everything will work, for taking down the Model 16 and separating the rifle into its "take down" position.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =473247976

This should help you out regarding your question.

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Hardrada55 wrote:I need some info on the Remington Model 16 semi-auto .22 (which was only chambered in the .22 Remington Auto cartridge). The Remington Model 16 is supposed to be a take-down, but how do you do the take-down? Anyone have one of these?
That's an interesting rifle - I had no idea about this particular Remington. FWIW, I have been looking at the other early .22's from Big Green also with some nostalgic interest - model 24, 241 autos and the model 12 and 121 pumps.

Neat guns! The 16 is too, I agree - nice take-down.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

My Model 16.

...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
xtimberman

Post by xtimberman »

That is a VERY interesting and obscure Remington!

I've only run across one before and it wasn't nearly as nice as yours.

Shoots a VERY interesting and obscure cartridge variation, too.