Model 10 bolt is apart - yippee!

Other great Remington rifles
Adam Lee

Model 10 bolt is apart - yippee!

Post by Adam Lee »

Sure doesn't take much to get me excited, eh? All I did was manage to find the 10 minutes of my day to quickly tap out the pins, and disassemble my new/old Model 10 shotgun's bolt. But boy, did something so simple bring me so much stress relief!

Best thing of all? I brought the greasy thing in to work this morning in a rag, had the few hand tools and hammer I needed as well, and knocked it out on the counter-top in my classroom - 10 minutes before the kids came in!!! :o

I had that pile of parts quick-cleaned with disposable wipes and wiped down in no time flat. On my initial inspection, everything looks great - only replacement parts will be the broken sear and sear pin, and the ejector spring (amongst others) will be renewed as well.

What a great way to start a school day - with sixth graders who can "taste" summer vacation!! :mrgreen:

Adam

I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Stray03

Re: Model 10 bolt is apart - yippee!

Post by Stray03 »

I wasn't brave enough to take mine apart since it only needed cleaning, I just dunked her in varsol. Did you get her back together easily?
Adam Lee

Re: Model 10 bolt is apart - yippee!

Post by Adam Lee »

Figured a follow-up was WAY past due!

1. Nothing has moved since the 10 was disassembled - well, I take that back. I have not rebuilt the bolt is what I meant. I am in need of the sear, which was broken when I got the shotgun.

2. I did strip the buttstock, the "corn cob" forearm wood, and degunked various metal bits.

3. Hope to get some action going this winter, when I am on break. Also should find a sear and some other small bits by then.

Take care, 'yall!

Adam Lee
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.