Refurbished model 12

Other great Remington rifles
Joe Snag

Refurbished model 12

Post by Joe Snag »

Doe's anyone know what a refurbished model 12 .22 is valued at,a good friend of mine had his .22 re furbished at Remington in Illion about 20 years ago,the gun is beautiful and like new,but it is re done.
thanks.
Sarge756

Re: Refurbished model 12

Post by Sarge756 »

Joe, Your question is a bit difficult to answer and may be the reason for lack of response so far. As always "Pitchers" help if we are not able to hold the firearm in our hands. The term "refurbished" has a wide degree of latitude so without a history of the gun and just what was done by Remington it only adds to the difficulty. If however a full "restoration" was done at the Remington shop then I would consider it not a detractor. It would not equate with a "never fired NIB" that you found in a gunshop that was closing but I wouldn`t mark it down too much. The way that your friend`s model 12 is configured would have a great deal to do with it also.Whether a round or octagon barrel and what type of sights it is equipped with and the grade of wood etc. Without more information putting a dollar figure on it would not be possible. I`d suggest you do a little searching and see what is offered that is comparable. Thought in mind, value and cost are usually not the same.The cost is how bad you want it and what you are willing to pay.The value is what you can sell it for.

Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Joe Snag

Post by Joe Snag »

Sarge,ya it's very difficult for me,I'm far from being an expert on old Remingtons,I seen this rifle once and my friend was going to give it to his adult grandson,which I thought was great,then recently he had a problem with him when the boy talked down the NRA,so it may be up for sale and I've been having first refusal on all his guns,it is an octagon barrel the gun was 100 % taken apart and is mint and factory blued,thats about all I can tell you about it,,I was thinking 3-400 hundred.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

The figure you have in mind would be an excellent buy.The Octagon barrel and full restoration by Remington are a definite plus. Wish you luck with acquiring it and would hope that the errant grandson might attain a more discerning opinion of the NRA.

Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Joe Snag

Post by Joe Snag »

Hopefully I'll post a pic of it soon,I' would rather take good care of it than have it go out in a yard sale for 50 bucks.....