Model 11 with straight butt stock.

Other great Remington rifles
ROBOPUMP

Model 11 with straight butt stock.

Post by ROBOPUMP »

It is not everyday that you see one of these on the auction block at any price. It is a Remington model 11 or pre-model 11 with a straight stock like the model 8. I had heard they were out there, but usually in a skeet gun - not one with full choke. I think the price was low for the scarcity of the item. Not in too bad of shape for a hunting shotgun of that age.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =371459571

ROB
Roger

Re: Model 11 with straight butt stock.

Post by Roger »

Hey Rob,
I have to agree with you on this shotgun. It is also checkered wood which wasn't all that common on these earlier pre-model11"s. The price was low in my book.
Thanks for posting it.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Someone got a very good buy, indeed these are seldom seen, the piece is a pre model 11 Remington designated as their No. 3 Trap Grade Autoloading Gun . List price in my copy of 1909 Remington catalog was $50 plus additional $7 for matted rib, further described as Select English walnut, checkered straight grip and forend. Of these pre 11 models the hardest to find is the No. 0 Riot Gun, have only ever seen 1 listed for sale.
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Indeed, a great find for the Model 11 collector and shooter. Super price too.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

As many of you model 8 owners know the straight english style butt stock of Remington model 11's and Browning A5's will work as replacement stock for model 8's. I once bought a new butt stock advertised as for model 8 on GB, turned out it was made by Sile, still in original box marked for Browning A5 16 gauge. Later model 11's were designated model 11C and available on special order basis. A5's and 11's had a problem with trap shooters because ejected shells sometimes hit shooter on the right.