Something a little different, Custom Wingmaster

Other great Remington rifles
Headoftheholler

Something a little different, Custom Wingmaster

Post by Headoftheholler »

Its kinda sad but I am getting a stock and forearm ready for a gun I don't even own yet, lol.
This is for a 12 gauge 870 Wingmaster, I am fitting a figured wood buttplate from a Beretta on a vintage Wingmaster walnut stock,
still on the rough side at the moment. The forearm is in the early style. What do you think?
Headoftheholler

Re: Something a little different, Custom Wingmaster

Post by Headoftheholler »

Over the past few years I've bought bits and pieces of gun parts, stocks in lots as well as forearms. I refinish them , some I keep and others I sell.
This set was an experiment to see if I could piece together something from different guns. The stock came to me in a lot of ex-Louisville PD stocks I bought, it has no checkering and the sling stud, but more importantly its walnut, unlike most 870 PD stocks you find. The forearm is an early Wingmaster style and has similar checkering to the 11-48. The buttplate is figured black walnut and came off a Beretta 686 O/U , I bought a handful of them not really sure why but I thought they looked cool. The buttplate was actually about an inch and 3/4 too long for the stock but it trimmed down nicely, I put all 3 together and made this, Now I just need to find an 870 to go with it, or sell it, a hard decision to make, lol.
Finish was BLO, which was time consuming but came out nice.
imfuncity

Re: Something a little different, Custom Wingmaster

Post by imfuncity »

:shock: 8-) Really like that butt plate!
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine