the amazing little 25-20

Other great Remington rifles
rudetoad57

the amazing little 25-20

Post by rudetoad57 »

Many years ago my father took a shine to a browning auto 12 guage that i traded an old push lawn mower for......he knew i always liked his M25 remington 25-20 pump....so even though i was next inline to inharit it anyway....made the trade.....knowing that after he passed that i would get the browning back anyway.So the story goes that it was originally a prison guard rifle in Texas....evry couple years they would replace them with new models and send the old ones up to Alaska to be sold in the tradeing posts. anyway...the story goes that the tradeing post propriators would shorten the barrels on these guns and sell them to the trappers. My grandpa purchased this one and was later handed down to my dad who also ran traplines there before marrian mom and settleing down in Idaho. The gun was said to have killed many many deer along with any smaller critters that did not let the tite fit of the trap on there leg make them crawl toward the light.It is still a very accurate and very deadly gun.....and weighs not much more than a fishin pole. In the future i'm sure its going to be my zombie gun of choice. Anyway....enjoy the pics http://m25remington2520.shutterfly.com/
Last edited by rudetoad57 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
imfuncity

Re: the amazing little 25-20

Post by imfuncity »

Oops, no pics...?
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Great little gun and great caliber, I have used a Marlin 25-20 in Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette shooting in both the pistol and rifle classes. Little light for the rifle Rams but fun anyway.
Saw your pictures and reference to Idaho, I live in Boise, are you anywhere near? Thanks, Jerry
rudetoad57

Post by rudetoad57 »

sighthound wrote:Great little gun and great caliber, I have used a Marlin 25-20 in Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette shooting in both the pistol and rifle classes. Little light for the rifle Rams but fun anyway.
Saw your pictures and reference to Idaho, I live in Boise, are you anywhere near? Thanks, Jerry
im clear up in the panhandle....Sandpoint about 30 miles from the canadian border