Shooting, is like Golf!?!

Other great Remington rifles
imfuncity

Shooting, is like Golf!?!

Post by imfuncity »

This is like soooooo wrong. If I’d known that paper punching with lead was like golf, I’d have stayed at basket weaving with star thistles or Modern Art by Paintball or…? It’s always that last approach to the green or a “career shot” completely out of the blue that brings one back to pay the greens fee for the punishment to start all over again….

...took me awhile, to get the trifocals and tang sight working in harmony with my “new” Remington 14 25Rem; found that a very little adjustment or movement goes a long way at 100yds... but the three shot cloverleaf, bottom left quadrant, were the last three shots before running out of daylight! (I'm liking that 25Rem ammo from the gunshow last week.)
Sighting in sm.jpg
Sighting in sm.jpg (87.1 KiB) Viewed 4517 times
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Re: Shooting, is like Golf!?!

Post by 81police »

nice 3 shot group Mitch! Looks like those eyes of yours aren't too old afterall ;)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Congratulations Mitch now you are getting with the program, shooting beats collecting every time, putting something of yourself into an effort. Next stop, 3 shot groups are good, 5 shot are great and 10 shot superior. I have some some old books with pictures of targets fired by the likes of Harry Pope, Carlos Grove and others around turn of century (20th century) with single shot rifles from that Golden Age, targets that still have not been bested and modern day shooters are not without great skills. Practice, practice and more practice plus research, trial and error, great sport and beats golf for me. Keep up the efforts, jerry
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Way to bring it in to the center of the target Mitch.... I need to do a little more adjustment on mine to be that good....I had some groups in the 2" range, but ran out of time.... going to go out and sight in a couple more as soon as the weather gets a little better....woke up to a couple inches of snow this morning....spring is coming soon though.

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]