.35 Remington brass

Other great Remington rifles
duanew

.35 Remington brass

Post by duanew »

Since I am in the process of picking up a Remington 141 in .35 Remington (which is a new cartridge for me), does anyone know of a good source for .35 Remington brass, or am I just better off "biting the bullet" and buying brand new brass at .50 each from one of the commercial resources.

Thank you

Duane
jack1653

Re: .35 Remington brass

Post by jack1653 »

My advice would be to buy new brass. At least you would know it had not been used or for that matter how many times it may have been reloaded. I would not risk my rifle by buying used brass.

jack1653
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

I'm with Jack not a reloader but....

I've been told that brass usually does not deteriorate thus getting old stuff may not be the best to shoot (although I have had no issues with it and have another 17 boxes) reusing the brass is usually very doable. I have been able to pick it up for about $.50 a round - granted mostly a couple of years ago - but saw some at a recent show for $15/20.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

It takes a lot of shooting to wear out brass, but it depends on your reloading procedures. I have some .30-'06 cases which have been through probably over 15 reloads and are still good, but most have been neck sized only. I'd have no hesitation to buy fired cases if you can find them. I don't remember ever seeing any fired .35 Rem cases anywhere, even at gun shows, although I am sure they are to be found out there on the internet. I never see them at the range (but find lots of .30-'06, .308. .243, .30-30, .223, 7.62X39, etc), and I would guess that most shooters of that caliber reload, and therefore pick up their fired cases. That's what I do with just about everything I shoot.