If I was to come across a Remington model 14

Other great Remington rifles
d-2

If I was to come across a Remington model 14

Post by d-2 »

and wanted to put a scope on it does anyone know what bases I would need? I was hoping someone on here would know
or would know where I could look. Thanks...d2
Sarge756

Re: If I was to come across a Remington model 14

Post by Sarge756 »

Don`t think you would have much of a problem.Weaver still lists their top mount two piece bases for the 141.Contour of the receiver should be about the same for a Mod 14.Other options that may work would be the one piece Weaver base designed for the 742,760 Remingtons.I`m using a pivot mount listed for a 760 on my Mod 81 and the contour was almost a perfect match. This mount, if it would fit a 14 would give added benefit of availibility of the iron sights if needed. In any event the Weaver bases are aluminum and should they not perfectly match the receiver contour you can use the receiver as the backing and quickly get a perfect match with 220 paper and a little elbow grease. Weaver also sells blank rails that can be customized to the rifle, by cutting and abrasive to match the receiver.Probably have several bases in the parts drawer that may work, so should you come up with a 14 I could at least get you started. Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
d-2

Re: If I was to come across a Remington model 14

Post by d-2 »

Thanks, I may have something laying around the shop that I can use, if not I will order a set. Thanks again...d2