Remington 241 rear sight holes

Other great Remington rifles
MinnesotaDan

Remington 241 rear sight holes

Post by MinnesotaDan »

Does anyone know the distance between the two rear sight holes on a 241 remington?1/2 inch or 5/8 inch?

Thanks.
Dan
Roger

Re: Remington 241 rear sight holes

Post by Roger »

Hey Dan,
I’ve had several m24 and m241 Remingtons. Problem now is I sold my last 2 this summer to a dealer friend of mine. Hopefully another member has one that they can measure for you. Sorry I can’t help you.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Dan, I don`t have a 241 but this was good excuse to dust off my 24 . I get 5/8 inch center to center on it.Should be the same on a 241. This one has been the backyard varmit rifle for many years. I mounted a Weaver Cub 3x scope on it without drilling any extra holes. Used a Stith front tube and glued a Weaver B mount base on top of receiver for the rear. Has held up without coming loose. Bonus with this one is that the recoil spring is weak enough to allow it to cycle CB longs semi -auto. Zeroed @ 50 feet it is deadly on pests.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Joe,
That’s a cool story. I’m glad you were able to answer Dans question. And by the way, we had more 70 to 90 mph winds the other night. We had severe thunderstorms and tornadoes here in Iowa. Extremely odd for December. People here need prayers and help too. Here in the Des Moines metro area we were much luckier than west and north of us. But nothing like the tornadoes in Kentucky and Illinois,plus other states. Pretty strange weather we’re having for December.
Sorry for going on and on,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Roger, Thanks for that info. Have friends besides you in Iowa around Storm Lake area. I`ll be checking on them. Glad you are ok and Merry Christmas to you and all here.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
MinnesotaDan

Post by MinnesotaDan »

Thanks for the info Joe. That is helpful.

Glad to hear that you are well, Roger. My brother, Bob weathered the storm in Iowa without problem, too.

Merry Christmas to all.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey fellas,
A Merry Christmas to all my fellow members here on the forum.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com