South Dakota 2012

Post your non-Model 8 and 81
Hunting pictures here
rem81auto

South Dakota 2012

Post by rem81auto »

South Dakota 2012

I returned home yesterday from SD. I had a great time but for the 1st time out west bird hunting was secondary. I hit on the state draw for one of 11 non res deer tags. I have never shot a Muley before and wanted to do so. I did shoot a decent buck but not a real bragger though. I was happy with him. I shot him over cross sticks at 250 yds. I also filled the doe tag. The processing of 2 deer really ate into the hunting time. The drought took alot of grass spots so phez were tougher than normal. I was a few shy of my possession limit of phez and way off on sharptail grouse because I spent every morning calling coyotes.

P.S

Take a minute and check out the first 3 pictures of a unique rooster I shot last week. The bird shows 90% or more coloration of a hen but as you can has the head of a rooster. The head cap was colored more like a hen ... oh and no spurs whatsoever. I know I should have had him mounted but I didn't .... really tough decision though.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24248464
81police

Re: South Dakota 2012

Post by 81police »

Those were great photos rem81auto :D

I think you took a very nice muley (and a great shot!). Is that a Browning A-bolt w/ BOSS I see you're using? My BAR has the BOSS system on it too. Low recoil, but loud report!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
rem81auto

Re: South Dakota 2012

Post by rem81auto »

Hi Cam, yes an A bolt w/Boss 30-06. I like the rifle very much but it can be on the loud side as you stated. Dennis