Hog hunting w/ 35 Remington

Post your non-Model 8 and 81
Hunting pictures here
J. Riekers

Hog hunting w/ 35 Remington

Post by J. Riekers »

Dave is my friend since we were kids, my second longest friendship. We've not seen one another for 5 years since he lives in Boston. He has never killed a hog and wanted to experience some Texas style hunting. When I mentioned the hog hunt to my friend Jim, he couldn't resist. Both borrowed my 1939 Remington 141 pump in 35 Remington. The load is 200gr CL @ 2050 fps. Dave shot his pig on the front edge of the shoulder and it cut the aorta and jugular and exited a 75 yard shot on a 120 pound pig. It ran 50 yards leaving a good blood trail. Jim shot 100 yards and hit the boar in the shoulder, a little high. The bullet exited with a nickle sized hole and the boar dropped right there. It weighed 175 pounds. I love the 35 Rem and now these guys do too!

www.TARSporting.com
co-owner
Professional Hunter

buy Joe's books: www.huntingtheintroducedspecies.com
imfuncity

Re: Hog hunting w/ 35 Remington

Post by imfuncity »

Way-cool!! Texas hoedown-time for sure.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Re: Hog hunting w/ 35 Remington

Post by 81police »

The 35Rem is a hard hitter. Sounds y'all had a great time. Nothing like hog hunting in Texas, a big ole boar is almost as exhilarating (if not more so) than any buck I've shot. Congrats to your friends. :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator