Bow Doe

Post your non-Model 8 and 81
Hunting pictures here
J. Riekers

Bow Doe

Post by J. Riekers »

This year the drought conditions have the deer acting differently than in years past. I spent 17 days in the tree trying to figure out where the deer were and what paths they were moving on. Saw several including a big old buck at 60, 70 and 80 yards ... too far for me and my bow. 3 days ago I knew I figured it out. I cut brush, made a walk-in trail and hung a stand. First try in evening didn't show anything but this morning there they were. I picked the biggest at 20 yards.

www.TARSporting.com
co-owner
Professional Hunter

buy Joe's books: www.huntingtheintroducedspecies.com
81police

Re: Bow Doe

Post by 81police »

Great job Joe! Do you prefer bow hunting or rifle hunting?
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
J. Riekers

Re: Bow Doe

Post by J. Riekers »

I like all kinds of hunting but bow hunting is the only thing that still gives the that rush. I've killed well over 500 big game animals with rifles (the first 400 and change with the same rifle!). I've also shot quite a few animals while sorting out a problem for clients (most were client-induced). Getting up oh-so-close and having to outsmart all the deers senses, as well as figuring them out (where/when) and then sealing the deal so silently - that still gets me shaking! First choice, help my boys hunt and shoot, second choice anything with shotgun on the wing, third choice bow, next rifle (muzzleloader first, classic/antique open sighted next then any other rifle).
www.TARSporting.com
co-owner
Professional Hunter

buy Joe's books: www.huntingtheintroducedspecies.com