Jack-the-Ripper hunts TEXAS!

Post your non-Model 8 and 81
Hunting pictures here
81police

Jack-the-Ripper hunts TEXAS!

Post by 81police »

Forum Member jack1653 came to the Lone Star State for a visit with my father and I, we took him to Mitchell County for 2500 acres of swine hunting west Texas style. We didn't keep count but probably saw in the way of 100 hogs of all sizes over a day and a half.

The first morning a group of 35 came in and Jack took two boars (one recovered) with his 257 Weatherby Mag from 170 yards.

That same evening another group of 30-35 pigs came into the feeder just before dark. From a tripod they caught my wind and booked, but moments later a lone boar came in who didn't catch the group message. Jack this time, hunting with a Krieger Conversion Model 81, could no longer see through his vintage scope. I did the honors with a BAR from 125 yards.

Neither hog had much in the way of teeth but were pretty heavy, Jack's by far the heavier. Thanks for coming Jack, dad and I had an absolute blast!

Jack1653 and his nice Texas boar

81police and Jack1653

81Police
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Re: Jack-the-Ripper hunts TEXAS!

Post by imfuncity »

Love it! Must have been some else there with a camera, we know Jack's reputation regarding pictures! :shock:

"Jack by far the heavier." You going to put up with that Jack? :twisted:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
J. Riekers

Post by J. Riekers »

Good hunting!
www.TARSporting.com
co-owner
Professional Hunter

buy Joe's books: www.huntingtheintroducedspecies.com
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Howdy,

My thanks to the Texans who took me hunting and provided the accomodations for me. :D We had a wonderful time and some good fellowship and that is the main reason I went to visit 81police. I got to meet his new bride and his Father and some other really nice people.

As far as "Jacks being heavier" comment, all I can say is that I resemble that remark. :lol: In fact it was a toss up as to which was heavier, me or the hog. I definitely was taller but at 260, I think me and the hog were just about equal in weight. :roll:

I was really hoping to get a shot with the 81 300 Savage but the optics just doen't get it on those vintage scopes. If the light is good, there is no problem but when it starts getting dark or shadows, I can't see the cross hairs. The Weatherby 257 Mag on the other hand proved to be very reliable.

We indeed had help with the pictures, but I did take the one with 81police. My friend finally brought the other pictures that I took a beating on and they were barely visible. The film was old and the colors were really messed up so I no proof of the previous hunting success. :(

I took 22 Remingtons to Texas to share and to shoot. :shock: We will be sharing some other pictures in the days to come about the trip and will be looking forward to some feedback.

Regards,

jack1653
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Great fun all around. Glad you had a super time and that you are a good sport. (I rival a few hogs in wt. myself.) AND pictures too! :shock:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine