Pennsylvania bucks

Post your non-Model 8 and 81
Hunting pictures here
Hibby83

Pennsylvania bucks

Post by Hibby83 »

I hope everyone has had a healthy and hopefully a bountiful season.

Here’s a few of my buck harvest photos from 2016-18. My 2018 buck was only holding onto one side when I shot him. When I came up on him after he expired I gave a tug on his lonely antler and it came off. The other side appeared to have came off around a few days or more prior.

I was unable to hunt 2019 due to being on an extended stay in Poland thanks to Uncle Sam. Poland is a very beautiful country and I’d definitely recommend anyone to go.

This past season my father and I both connected on a doe and buck each, my father with his biggest buck to date. We’re fortunate to have good public hunting land local to our area.

My go to deer rifle is a Browning stainless stalker, it’s chambered in .280 Remington. Every round fired down range out of this has been hand loaded off my fathers Rock Chucker. My backup rifle is a synthetic Remington 7600 Carbine in 30-06. Don’t get me wrong I love the Walnut stocked blued rifles of old. Of course I also am quite enamored with the rifles that all us forum members are here for. Here comes the but, Pennsylvania big game hunters can’t use Semi-auto’s. I’m crossing my fingers the game commission will authorize the semi’s. If and when, I’ll finally be able to use a spring pole to knock a whitetail down!

Keep your powder dry fellas
Attachments
48778B6C-E6C3-4198-A5AF-3CB8B28D4241.jpeg
48778B6C-E6C3-4198-A5AF-3CB8B28D4241.jpeg (399.28 KiB) Viewed 6239 times
81police

Re: Pennsylvania bucks

Post by 81police »

Thanks for sharing the stories & photos Hibby! Great bucks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's a shame about the regulation since the Model 8/81 were historically used around your kinda woods! Great alternative choices you've got there though :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Congrats Luke,
Wish I were there... Now we are wanting to go to the woods...
Carl
Phyrbird
SOKY
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Those are some fine looking deer!
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Thanks, Bandersnatch, Pyrbird and 81 police.

The snow on the mountain isn't going to last another week or so "nobody likes losing cases". I've been itching to get out and enjoy some 8 & 81 target practice/load development along with some hiking.