Found some stripper clips.

mart

Found some stripper clips.

Post by mart »

Found some stripper clips to go with my newly acquired Model 8 25 Remington. I'll post some pics of the rifle when I get home from the slope. I probably paid way too much for the clips but no one ever accused me of having good sense when it comes to old guns.
81police

Re: Found some stripper clips.

Post by 81police »

hey Mart, can't wait to see the rifle. If you scored some cartridge clips you did well, those 25-30-32's are hard to find as they are!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
mart

Post by mart »

I've been watching for them frequently. They don't show up very often and when they do they aren't cheap. I probably paid too much for these but I thought they would be a nice accessory to the 25 and I like them if for nothing else than keeping the rounds together in your pocket or day pack. These three stripper clips showed up on ebay last week with a buy it now and I jumped on them. I didn't figure they would last very long. I got such a good deal on the 25 I thought I could splurge a little on some clips.

It's been a long, cold hitch this rotation on the slope. I'm ready to get home, shoot that 25 and get some gun powder therapy. I keep threatening to bring one of the diffusers like my wife has all over the house. Except mine will be filled with Hoppes #9.
81police

Post by 81police »

You're fortunate to have even found the clips. Paying $50+ each is not uncommon anymore for the clips. Some of the older guys can probably remember them VERY cheap, but as cheap as I can remember was about $15-20/clip and that was only a few years ago. They are definitely collectible!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
mart

Post by mart »

I got them for $25 each. I guess that's not so bad. Still seems like a lot for those little slivers of metal.
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

I have found my Turkish 8mm Mauser stripper clips to work just fine for loading my .35 Remington. I hear Swede clips (6.5x55) work for the .300 Savage but I haven't had a rifle yet to try with.

The specific clips for these rifles I'll end up trying to get also at some point. Congrats on your find!
In The Ten Ring

UPDATE: Turkish 8mm clips do not work at all for loading the Model 8 in .35 Remington. It looks like I'll have to try and buy some original clips myself also.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

"I hear Swede clips (6.5x55) work for the .300 Savage but I haven't had a rifle yet to try with."

Yes, they do.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
In The Ten Ring

Well that's good news.