Tom Mix's Model 8

big al

Tom Mix's Model 8

Post by big al »

In the book The Peacemakers Arms and Adventure in the American west by R.L.Wilson on page 314 he has a picture of Tom Mix's engraved model 8 presented to him by the Miller Brothers 101 ranch show.
I am not able to borrow form this library but took some cell phone pics. The main pic and zoomed in parts of the same pic.
Big Al
imfuncity

Re: Tom Mix's Model 8

Post by imfuncity »

Very cool. And, good work on making the pictures work.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

Big Al you always find the good stuff! We haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?!

That is one beautiful "F" grade rifle, I'd love to see it in person. Don't you know pictures alone don't do this rifle justice :)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
big al

Post by big al »

Thanks 81police. I have been doing good just lost password again and reset it when I found this information.
I forgot the link to his museum. I saw pics of some of his rifles on the website but not his Model 8 . They had a break in a while back and not sure what is and isn't on display now. Since you are in texas you might can visit and see it in the flesh so to speak.
http://www.tommixmuseum.com/#
I bet it is an amazing rifle to see any high grade is a work of art.
big al
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

Could you imagine coming across something like that at a yard sale? "My husband is dead now and I just hate having guns in the house. Just take it."

We can dream.....