New Bonnie & Clyde Mini-Series!

81police

New Bonnie & Clyde Mini-Series!

Post by 81police »

Prior to production, www.thegreatmodel8.net had a few conversations with the armorer of this show, Peter Orr, regarding the actual firearms used in the ambush. Obviously exact representations of the firearms were not used, including the Model 8 which the armory did not own, but they substituted a Model 81 which only guys like us would notice anyways! Check out the still from the trailer showing Frank Hamer (William Hurt) wielding a Model 81! According to the armorer this Model 81 is the same one used in the film The Rocketeer (1991).

You can check out the trailer at the link below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1RB8SguEME
Attachments
William Hurt 81 - Copy.jpg
William Hurt 81 - Copy.jpg (85.97 KiB) Viewed 7821 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
DWalt

Re: New Bonnie & Clyde Mini-Series!

Post by DWalt »

It appears, from the very brief scene right at the first of the trailer, that the Thompson SMG will be portrayed as being used in the ambush, just like in the 1968 Warren Beatty version. But maybe that's not the ambush scene. The BAR shown appears to be a Colt Monitor, not a 1918.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Might almost be worth getting cable to watch.... Nah, TV will mess it up and you guys will will be in. (Haven't watched TV since 9/11 no sense starting now.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

I could care less about the show, just want to see a Model 81 in ACTION :D

Only other film where an 8/81 is actually fired, that I can think of, is Ride The High Country.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

This is what IMDB mentions: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Remington_Model_8
I have seen exactly none of these movies, so I don't know if the rifles were actually fired or just carried. The IMDB site includes a link to this one.
81police

Post by 81police »

The only one of those movies where there is actual shooting is Ride The High Country. 8's & 81's have been in other films (John Henwood had a pretty lengthy list) but they're mostly background shots of guns in racks.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

I wonder how a Model 8 could be modified to function with blanks, or if that has ever been done? I'd think the action would somehow have to be converted to blowback operation. Maybe that's why they haven't had any starring movie roles.