Old Quantico FBI training video with Model 81

Adam Lee

Old Quantico FBI training video with Model 81

Post by Adam Lee »

Folks,

My google-fu discovered a short video clip a while ago I thought I'd share. A commercial website shows a copy of a 1942 FBI firearms training film, less than 3 minutes long, with an FBI instructor demonstrating a wooden model of the function of the gun and also the gun itself. In the film, several firearms are displayed on a table, you'll get an idea of what "vintage" high-tech weaponry was like for 1942 agents. Pretty neat, I thought!

Although the sample is "watermarked", you can just push play and watch the film anyway without buying.

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675 ... ington-gun
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
81police

Re: Old Quantico FBI training video with Model 81

Post by 81police »

Hey Adam thanks for posting this. :D This is a wonderful piece of 8/81 history.

A forum member MudSlicks posted this link a few years ago, we've actually been wanting to purchase the SD version for the website for sometime. $150 is a lot for such a short clip, but it would go good with a greatmodel8 video on the FBI rifles. Maybe someday!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1562
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Adam Lee

Re: Old Quantico FBI training video with Model 81

Post by Adam Lee »

81police wrote:Hey Adam thanks for posting this. :D This is a wonderful piece of 8/81 history.

A forum member MudSlicks posted this link a few years ago, we've actually been wanting to purchase the SD version for the website for sometime. $150 is a lot for such a short clip, but it would go good with a greatmodel8 video on the FBI rifles. Maybe someday!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1562
Cam,

Glad I wasn't the first to have come across this film clip. You're right, it is unfortunate that it is not "free domain" and quite spendy at $150 bucks for less than 3 minutes.

I was going to get my extreme ADD powers on and try to use one of my software programs to capture it, but I wouldn't like the quality - especially with the watermark.

Hey, next Monday and Tuesday are my last days with 6th grade students this year - HOOAH!!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.