John and Matt Browning elk hunt

big al

John and Matt Browning elk hunt

Post by big al »

Here are three pics of John and Matt Browning hunting elk. the first two come from the book A History of Browning Guns from 1831 J.M.& M.S Browning Co Ogden,Utah 1942. I can not remember were the 3rd pic came from Maybe The great 8 and 81 book but not sure as I no longer have the book.
I post them here for historical and discussion as both John and Matt both have Model 8's the 3rd pic shows someone else hunting with them with a bolt action rifle.
If they violate any rules please delete.
Big al
remcrazy

Re: John and Matt Browning elk hunt

Post by remcrazy »

Great posting! We could use a lot more like it. Fantastic to see these old photos of the times. Wonderful historical value for all of us 8 & 81 collectors, especially since they're of the "Master", John Browning himself! Thanks for a nice job and sharing!
big al wrote:Here are three pics of John and Matt Browning hunting elk. the first two come from the book A History of Browning Guns from 1831 J.M.& M.S Browning Co Ogden,Utah 1942. I can not remember were the 3rd pic came from Maybe The great 8 and 81 book but not sure as I no longer have the book.
I post them here for historical and discussion as both John and Matt both have Model 8's the 3rd pic shows someone else hunting with them with a bolt action rifle.
If they violate any rules please delete.
Big al
big al

Post by big al »

Hello remcrazy
Glad you liked the post. I thought it was cool the John Browning and his brother Matt were both useing Model 8's that John designed.
big al
big al

Post by big al »

Found another pic of this hunt with the model 8 laid between the Elk's horns. I found it here at the page https://universityofguns.com/clocking-i ... ing-rifle/
well it seems I can't get the pic to upload I hope the link works and I will try to post pic directly tomorrow.
Best regards
Big Al
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Thanks for the post big al.

Hey remcrazy ... How the heck are you doing my friend? Give me a ring sir!

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB