Our sortof leader joining us ...

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
imfuncity

Our sortof leader joining us ...

Post by imfuncity »

It's my understanding that our illustrious leader is going to be (already is) somewhat pre-occupied for a few days/weeks/years. :shock: And that Saturday he will become domesticated! And then he will understand the term "sleeping on the couch" if he should spend too much time on the forum with us boys or buys too many rifles - that is more than three! :oops:

That said, even though I didn't get an invite :roll: ... congrats to the new Misses Cam and to you come Saturday - may God bless you two with many happy years (of gun collecting). :D
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Re: Our sortof leader joining us ...

Post by 81police »

Mitch,

I seriously appreciate the blessing, thank you :D ! You're right, Saturday I'm a married man, God is good. I think the gun collecting for sure will be hindered, but not to worry, I'll still have that project rifle complete in a short while ;)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey,

You beat me to the punch, Mitch. I was going to make a posting about the big day for Cam and Alisha tomorrow. It is a big event for the both of them and I surely wish them every happiness.

It is good to know that Cam will be joining the rest of us old married guys. He at least held out 9 years longer than I did. Cam hasn't figured it out yet, but he is at the end of his troubles, THE FRONT END!!! Kind of brings a tear to my eye. No more coming and going without asking permission. No more doing his "thing". Now he will have to schedule the hunting events around the anniversary. I already have warned him about not scheduling anything on the anniversary date and two weeks before or after the date. Having to wait on those Remington purchases. After 47 years of marriage, I still have to wait or it is couch time. I told him I would give him some tips on the "rat hole" theory for emergency purchases of guns.

On a more serious note, I wish Alisha and Cam a very long and happy marriage. I know they both place God first in their relationship and they will be blessed through the years. Cam has become a very good friend and I wish him the very best. I hope to meet the beautiful Alisha when I visit Cam in the spring. May God Bless them now and for the many years to come.

Jack
imfuncity

"... brought a tear to me eye"

Post by imfuncity »

Ah, finally gotcha on one Jack 8-) Is there another way to buy shooting irons then from the "rat hole"? :o

"that project rifle" is about to become "our project rifle" and then there will be the "w/ that kind of money we could have ..." :shock:

Not that being married isn't worth it ... just got to remember that they (she) sees things totally different then the RIGHT way! :lol:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Behemotosh

Post by Behemotosh »

Cam,

Congratulations! May God bless! You need to treat her right-buy her her own rifle and shotgun. ;) :roll:

I was able to find and marry an avid outdoors lady. I bought her several rifles and finally she settled on a Browning BAR in .30-06 and just a few weeks ago I bought her a 20 Ga. Remington 1187 Sporter Model. She can outshoot most men and has bagged many deer. While I can outfish her (really, I put my line down within a few feet of hers in the ocean and can catch about five times more fish), she has caught a bigger Halibut. Hers was 75 pounds and mine was 50 pounds. :x I guess I will have to keep trying..... :oops:

Anyway, I wish both of you peace and happiness.

Shoot straight!
Behemotosh