When I'm not tinkering on guns.....

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
clampdaddy

When I'm not tinkering on guns.....

Post by clampdaddy »

I just started working on a 1948 model A John Deere. Last year my Dad inherited the open ground of the family farm (uncles and Aunts got the barns and houses) and in our opinions, farming with a modern tractor just isn't much fun so I bought the model A to go along with his model MT. His tractor is restored all nice and pretty but I figured I'd try to clean mine up without repainting it and boy was I suprized. A little Nu-Finish car polish and a whole bunch of elbow grease brought back alot of the shine so I get put off painting it for a few years. :D

Image before Image after
imfuncity

Re: When I'm not tinkering on guns.....

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed, great job. Who'da thunk John Deere Green would have held up so long. Certainly not this guy who always preferred IH Red on the farm back in OH. :o Our Chevy-Ford-Chrysler battles were great fun too! :lol:
Enjoy
(I'll never admit it to the family but it would be great to use any of the old ones, green or not.):oops:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
clampdaddy

Post by clampdaddy »

I grew up in green country but my cousins in the cotton fields a few miles south of me are die hard Farmall guys. They use a couple H's, a Super M, and a Case (not sure which model) on their ranch and in local tractor pulls and they do very well with them. I texted them a video of my tractor and the response was something like "You know how we do the family reunion every year on opening day of pheasant season......don't show up this year." :lol: All joking aside they were happy to see that I finally found a solid tractor to tinker with.

Green, red, orange, I like 'em all......except those ugly little gray ones. ;)
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

45guy,I & some others were chatting on here about old tractors a few months ago viewtopic.php?f=6&t=681

My grandfather, a professional farm for over 50 years, said regarding the little gray ones, (he had only one once, for pulling the hay and ensilage wagons) "If I had to 'farm' with one of those things, I'd quit farming!"

Lost my last real IH hat (before the Case merger) a few years ago while mowing a field with a Farmall BN.:cry:

Enjoy
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine