Non lead Ammo

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Al9999

Non lead Ammo

Post by Al9999 »

I have a model 8 Remington 35, does anybody make non lead ammo for it?
Sarge756

Re: Non lead Ammo

Post by Sarge756 »

Ammo for the 35 Rem like most everything else these days seems to be in pretty short supply. Adding the caveat of "lead-free" to the mix in my opinion just feeds into that perfect storm designed to make it all the more difficult for us to use and shoot the firearms we have. I don`t know of any company that loads lead-free 35 Rem ammunition commercially. Perhaps a few of the custom loaders do. Obtaining ammo for our 35`s has been hard even before the CCP inspired panic.If you are not a reloader I`m afraid it is going to get even harder. If you do reload or have a friend that will oblige you there are lead-free bullets out there but most seem to be out of stock,backordered or not available on-line. One outfit,Maker Bullets ,has 200gr solid copper bullets in stock. They ain`t giving em away @ $42.00 for 50 +shipping but it is what it is. You can contact them @ https://www.makerbullets.com/proddetail ... =358200LVR Good luck !!
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Al9999

Post by Al9999 »

Thanks for the reply. The lead free thing is another way to limit firearms.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Just the tip of the Iceberg. The last lead smelter in this country closed in 2013. Competition for lead products with 90% going to battery production had the bonus benefit for the EPA of limiting production of ammunition and attendant price increase. Bought a battery for your car lately? Ammo not the only item where the price has zoomed up. Surprise Surprise guess who benefits. Give you a hint....begins with "C" and ends with an "A".
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."