.32 Rem brass at Grafs HEADS UP!

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
9.3shooter

.32 Rem brass at Grafs HEADS UP!

Post by 9.3shooter »

Grafs has their brand of brass in .32 Rem for those looking. I believe their brand is made by PRVI/PPU but its good brass, have used it in other calibers.

I wont say its cheap at a buck a piece but its in a 50 ct bag and where else are you going to get it? I bought two bags and I dont even have a .32,,, yet.
Sarge756

Re: .32 Rem brass at Grafs HEADS UP!

Post by Sarge756 »

Havn`t looked to see if they have 30 Rem also but the 32 is easily necked down for those on another post lamenting no ammo for their 30`s or glad they didn`t have one. Thanks for the info on the brass. $1 a piece is not bad considering what used brass is going for in popular calibers. Don`t see it getting better anytime soon. Keep your powder dry.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Hcompton79

Post by Hcompton79 »

They also have .25 Remington brass available for the same price.

I just bought some of the .32 for the purpose of resizing to .30. I have heard some concerns of neck cracking of the Graf's brass. Would those of you who have experience with this supplier suggest annealing before the first firing?
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

Not sure on the Graf branded brass but I have heard that the Bertram brass is for sure in need of annealing before even regular use or case life is short.
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

I was wrong about the maker of this brass, it says Made in USA, so that isnt PRVI, dont know who makes it. Bertram is Aussie IIRC.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

At one time Jamison Brass made various calibers of rifle brass for Graff's, then sometime later read that through a 'buy and sell' some outfit by the name of Captech took over Jamison and produced brass. Around four years back I bought a Krag 30/40 rifle and bought some brass from Graffs, headstamped Graff's. I asked the operator at Graff's who made it and was advised Jamison. Not sure what the current status is. I've read and have been told that the Jamison/Captech brass is very good quality and that the maker produces alot of hard to find calibers. I've never had any problems with my 30/40 Krag brass I bought from Graff's.
cantgrowup

Post by cantgrowup »

I've had problems with Graf's .32 and .30 Rem brass splitting necks on first and second loads. At a dollar a case, I now anneal all Grafs brass before loading the first time and will re-anneal after every other loading.
fechnerj

Post by fechnerj »

cantgrowup wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:53 am I've had problems with Graf's .32 and .30 Rem brass splitting necks on first and second loads. At a dollar a case, I now anneal all Grafs brass before loading the first time and will re-anneal after every other loading.
I've seen the reference of annealing the brass. Does anyone have the procedure or specifications for doing this process.
I have some .25 that I purchased from Graf's. Have'nt shot any yet.
cantgrowup

Post by cantgrowup »

I use a Bench Source Ultimate Annealing machine to anneal my brass, and Templaq paints to determine necessary times.
cantgrowup

Post by cantgrowup »

Just fired some Grafs .25 Rem brass (2nd loading). Actually, I only fired one and notice two splits on the neck at the shoulder. I immediately stopped. I pulled the bullets and powder from 10 rounds and reloaded in some new Grafs unfired brass that I had annealed. I shot these loads in the same gun and no splits. Granted, the split brass was a reload and I had not annealed them prior to the initial or second loading. Suffice it to say, from now on I am going to anneal all Graf brass for my Model 8/81 calibers (.25, .30, .32, .35 Rem) before the first loading and before every reloading from now on. I can't afford to have these $1 apiece cases turn into scrap crap after one firing. Graf's needs to require Prvi Partisan make better brass and anneal them at the factory. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

They are US made, not Prvi. I loaded and fired the same stuff in my .25 today and they look fine, though sizing and reloading will tell me if there are issues. I have not annealed them. Annealing is one of those steps I have avoided in all my reloading.
In my .32 I have not seen problems yet after a couple of reloads.
kenhwind

Post by kenhwind »

I've had good results using the Graf's brass in .25, .30 as well as .32 Remington
Yes the case necks split but this didn't seem to happen until I had loaded the cases several times. These were the .25 caliber.
The Model 8 seems to have a chamber on the max specifications.

The .32 brass didn't get loaded as I had a barrel assembly and an eBay member was looking for a .30 barrel, so I sold him my .32 parts and dies.
Now we have a Model 14 pump in .32 and I have no dies. I did pull the .32 loads with the Hornady bullet and seat them deeper with the .32 W. S. dies as they're too long to load in the magazine of the Model 14
KEN
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

I purchased 100 .25 Rem cases from Grafs and will load and shoot the first 20 to see how they last before going the annealing route. But as noted at a buck a pop you dont want them giving up after one reload.
The empties coming out of my rifle look like brand new, no real bulge near the head like many rifles will produce, necks are clean. I sized them and threw them in the tumbler for cleaning off the lube.
We shall see...