Barrel jacket off center

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Kcgibbons

Barrel jacket off center

Post by Kcgibbons »

I have this model 8 that I’ve been putting back together that I found in pieces in my grandfathers closet. I’ve just put the front sight and rear peep sight on and I noticed that something wasn’t right. It looks like the barrel jacket is cocked to the left. Does anyone know how to fix this without having to buy a whole new barrel jacket?

Kcgibbons25@gmail.com
Roger

Re: Barrel jacket off center

Post by Roger »

Sir, Be sure to look at the juncture between the barrel jacket extension and the barrel jacket. If it’s been repaired incorrectly, that may be your problem. Look for signs of welding/ braising, or soldering. This was sometimes done by people who didn’t know what else to do.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Kcgibbons

Post by Kcgibbons »

I don’t see any signs of wielding, braising, or soldering. I think going to try to take the barrel jacket off the barrel extension and see what happens.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Sir, What caliber is your rifle ? I may have a complete barrel and jacket assembly for 30 Remington. I think I also have some barrel jackets/jacket extensions. They might not have barrel addresses that match your serial number, but they would help you get it shooting. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Kcgibbons

Post by Kcgibbons »

Hi roger, The rifle is a 32 Remington. The rifle is not all original, it had several broken parts and I’ve managed to find replacement ones. So I’m not really particular on matching numbers at this point. But it would be great if you could help me out with some parts so I could get it back to a shootable condition. My name is Kyle and my email is kcgibbons25@gmail.com.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Sir, I’ll send an email.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com