Local auction

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Hibby83

Local auction

Post by Hibby83 »

Tomorrow one of the bigger local auction houses has a few things I'm going to be bidding on. I was able to get a look at the items and have been working on the numbers I'm willing to go up to, there's around 11/12 different lots.

There's 2 model 8's. First on the block is a 35 Rem. "50,000 serial range" with the flat bottom semi pistol grip stock, overall finish is good, the reciever is better than the barrel assembly. It comes with the eye hook sling attachments to include the boyt or redhead "can't remember" sling, the wood is unmolested and no apparent cracks. Second up is a 25 Rem. "1909 or 1910 d.o.m" in good overall shape. The blue wear matches up a little better than the first. The 25 has had a professionally done repair on the toe "about an 1-1/12'", the rest of the wood appears untouched "has good cheeks" and it has a very slight ding on the barrel shroud assembly right about where the buffer stop is.

There's also around 9/10 lots of various age Remington and Winchester ammunition (25--30-32) or brass in varying grades of quality boxes. One really cool lot # is 2 original Remington FACTORY UNPRIMED 32 Rem brass in nice unopened condition! I've never seen any photo's of them before.

I don't plan on getting caught up in the bid war "hopefully there isn't one, haha". Wish me luck and perhaps I'll have something to show the forum.

P.S- I hope someone else I know has good luck tomorrow on their auction.
Phyrbird

Re: Local auction

Post by Phyrbird »

Luke
May you outbid all at ridiculous low gavels.
As for other auctions, I gotta sit out. Have Bdays, Xmas, & lots of other stuff hitting my cashflow. Perhaps another will come my way.
Your fiendly neighborhood Phyrbird
Phyrbird
SOKY
Hibby83

Re: Local auction

Post by Hibby83 »

PHYRBIRD- That FN went high “my opinion”, if you consider the buyers premium and the forearm.

About the auction, well I victorious on the 35 with the semi-pistol grip and a few of the Ammo lots.

The 25 Remington seemed to interest my competitor on the 35 a bit more than me. I bid a little higher than I wanted “auction fever” :D . He was the final bidder.