Jack

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Phyrbird

Jack

Post by Phyrbird »

Jack,
Haven't seen much of you lately. Are you well? I'm still recoupping from the back. Too slowwwww for my taste.....
Your brother in arms,
Carl
Phyrbird
SOKY
jack1653

Re: Jack

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Carl,

Thanks for asking. It has been a rough two years. I have had 10 kidney procedures all requiring general anesthesia to remove kidney stones. This has been a trying time but I seem to be rid of the stones at this time.

A year ago in November I had a right shoulder repair and that was no fun at all. At least it doesn’t hurt all the time but the recovery is about 85%.

Just about the time I thought everything was finished the gall bladder started acting up. Tests revealed “sludge” in the gall bladder and there isnt much to be done. I asked about an “oil” change but the doctors didn’t see the humor in my comment.

I haven’t been very active on the website so that is why you haven’t heard from me. I did get out the other day to take a friend to the farm to do some target shooting. I took the Brushy Mountain POE model 81 for my friend to shoot. He shot two magazines of the 35 and it rocked him pretty good.

I haven’t bought anything since the illness but I may start looking again. I did some serious thinking about my collection as a result of my illness and made some decisions about it. I talked with Cameron and we shared some thoughts and ideas about what I might consider doing. As a result of those discussions, I have re-prioritized the collection. It is my intent to put together a series of pictures of the various sets in my collection of the Remington Model 8 & 81 and share them on the website.

Everytime I am at the farm, I think of you and the other guys who came to the shooting event. I would like to do the shoot again and may see if there would be any interest in doing so. I might be willing to share my steak marinate with you.

Take care, my Friend and it was good to hear from you. Stay in touch.

Kindest Personal Regards,

Jack
Phyrbird

Re: Jack

Post by Phyrbird »

Jack,
You have my personal email, keep me posted on a target opportunity, results of your inventory review, and I really would enjoy visiting again.
Take care, Carl
Phyrbird
SOKY