jim8008 (Jim Woods) - Passes Away

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
81police

jim8008 (Jim Woods) - Passes Away

Post by 81police »

I'm sad to announce that one of our members, Jim Woods (jim8008) has passed away. Jim had a great affection for Remington 8's and 81's and especially the Police & FBI versions. I had the pleasure of visiting with him several times over the last few years and he even made it out to our Model 8 shootout in central Illinois. Jim had a sense of humor like no other and a classic Texan accent straight out of Iola. For those of you who didn't know him, here's a screen shot and video link from one of his visits to see me. Jim will be missed by many. Feel free to post any anecdotes or condolences here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBf_Je0Q5ZY

Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Sarge756

Re: jim8008 (Jim Woods) - Passes Away

Post by Sarge756 »

Sad news Cam. As I`m sure all will attest that attended the 8shootout at Jacks farm,he made it memorable. Kept us laughing for two days. Not right that a year ago we got to know each other and now he is gone. Will miss his humor and contributions here.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

I was saddened when I got the call from Jim's wife that he had passed away Tuesday evening. I called and talked with Jim just a week earlier and I knew from our conversation that he would not be with us much longer. Jim knew his time was about up but maintained a positive attitude about his situation.

Jim was very dear friend and we talked often. He visited me in my home on two occasions the last being the Great 8 Event last July. He kept the group entertained the whole time.

Jim was avid firearm enthusiast and the model 8 & 81 were just a part of his firearm collection. I will miss his contributions to the forum.

jack1653
StrkAliteN

Post by StrkAliteN »

Rest in Peace Jim