Great 8 Event 2017

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
jack1653

Great 8 Event 2017

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

It is time for me to start getting information from all of you about the possibility of having another Great 8 Event. I need to know how many of you will make a commitment to attend the event. At this point in time I am thinking of hosting the event the last weekend in August. This is one month later than last years event.

I have some health issues which will require some moderate inactivity for a couple of months in May and June. I will not have some of the help that I had last year and for those of you who attended last year can appreciate the amount of work I had to do in preparation for the event. I will not be preparing the meals at my home as I did last year. Too much stress on the wife if you get my drift.

I have talked with Sarge756 about some of my issues and he understands my concerns. We both agree that unless I get more commitments to attend, there is a strong probability that I will not host the event. Joe has agreed to help with the fish fry and it is imperative that we have accurate count of participants.

There will be no charge for the event and everyone will be responsible for their meals with the exception of the fish fry held on Friday evening. You will have to arrange for your own lodging at our local motels.

I will be adding additional information as I receive input from all of you. With the passing of my brother-in-law, I do not have the great help which he provided in making targets and setting the different shooting venues with me. This event is for all of you and will be better with your attendance.

Thank you for consideration and your input.

Kindest Regards,

jack1653
81police

Re: Great 8 Event 2017

Post by 81police »

We are considering the event and I will let you know!

For all you other guys, last year was a BLAST!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
doublecanister

Post by doublecanister »

Where would this be?
Todd
Remington Model 8, .35 Rem (1909)
Remington Model 8, .32 Rem (1926)
Remington Model 81, .35 Rem (1937)
Remington Model 81, .35 Rem (1941)
Remington Model 81, .300 Savage (1946)
Remington Model 81, 35 Rem (1948)
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Near Springfield, Illinois.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Okay...Jack posted before that I was gonna help with the cooking. Everybody must be worried about Fried fish. I will relent and grill a bunch of it to be more heart healthy and help you guys keep your boyish figure. Don`t be bashful.Jump in with a commitment to be there. Most fun that you can have with your clothes on and I promise you won`t leave hungry.

Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

It saddens me to have to say that I will not be hosting the Great 8 Event the last weekend in August as I had planned. I had received responses from 3 members saying that they would attend. I never heard from anybody else and there is too much work involved for so little attendance.

I do appreciate the offer to help from Sarge756 and Mikeshoe. I will consider taking you guys upon the offer next year if we can generate more interest. You guys are welcome to stop by anytime you are passing through the area and I will be happy to take you to the range.

Kindest Regards,

jack1653
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

:cry: :cry:
I really enjoyed the event last year, my brother was very impressed. Wish we can do another soon, I can do it every other year if it makes things better for Jack or another host. It does give one more time to save up for a great time with great folks. Please keep it close to Jack so I can drive in. It's about 4 hrs now.
Please, Please do not allow our fellowship to wither away. This is the kind of event that makes our heritage stronger and good for the next generation.

Yours truly,
Carl
Phyrbird
SOKY
81police

Post by 81police »

I'll definitely miss it this year also. Really treasured our time together, it went by too fast!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator