My Blue Lacy Hog Dog hybrid....FWIW

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Adam Lee

My Blue Lacy Hog Dog hybrid....FWIW

Post by Adam Lee »

Hey yall....

Just got through editing some pics from my recent hiking trek in Shenandoah, and thought I'd share some pictures. Cam and other Texans might know about Blue Lacy Dogs, or Lacy Hog Dogs. My pup Wolfgang came from a rescue group that found him as a 4-month-old stray in southern Virginia, near the NC border. He is mottled brindle in coat color, with features of several dogs - yes he is a mutt! However, some google-fu research got me to thinking, boy does he fit the bill for what is known as a Blue Lacy dog! He has one blue eye, and the temperament and all totally matches Wolfgang's behavior. he is 1 year and 4 months I believe - and quite the powerhouse!

Here he's with my wife and his "sister", our year and a half old micro-mutt Honeybee - looks like either a cairn terrier or an Australian terrier. Sorta!

he would be an ideal feral hog bay dog, if you ask me.

Adam
Attachments
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg (147.91 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
IMG_1259.jpg
IMG_1259.jpg (153.62 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
IMG_1265.jpg
IMG_1265.jpg (170.54 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Re: My Blue Lacy Hog Dog hybrid....FWIW

Post by Adam Lee »

Took Wolfgang on a brief exploration of a short cave in the side of the mountain - only a couple dozen feet - he was more than willing!

You can see his sister waiting behind - my wife doesn't like going in caves!

You should check out Blue Lacy Hog Dogs on the web - they take on feral hogs like it was nobody's business! LOL
Course, he's just a mutt, but the more I look at him and his behavior, the more it works for me!

Adam
Attachments
Adam Lee and Wolfgang exploring a Shenandoah cave
Adam Lee and Wolfgang exploring a Shenandoah cave
IMG_1011.JPG (495.72 KiB) Viewed 3347 times
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Texas by God

Re: My Blue Lacy Hog Dog hybrid....FWIW

Post by Texas by God »

Beautiful family! On our farm we have always had mutts- smart and free. In Texas we have a breed called Walmarts- because someone is giving them away in the parking lot.