6.5 Grendel upper question - Cam? others?

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Adam Lee

6.5 Grendel upper question - Cam? others?

Post by Adam Lee »

Cam, I am directing this question in your direction - because I know that you hunt and shoot with 6.5 Grendel.

On GB there have been two or three 6.5 Grendel uppers in what I call "plain Jane" M4 format which interest me. I like the look of a "traditional" M4 type AR clone, as long as it's a flat top upper. Also like traditional 16" barrel, or an 18" mid-length or 20" M16A2 length barrel.

What do you think of the features and price point of either of these? Feedback appreciated.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =542944929

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =539384221
Thanks
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
81police

Re: 6.5 Grendel upper question - Cam? others?

Post by 81police »

I'd say they're both fair priced, the $24 difference between the two I can't really tell. The Olympic upper doesn't state it, but I'd imagine both are chrome lined barrels. I'm sure both would shoot good, as good as any chrome lined 16" upper. I don't have any personal experience or knowledge of Aero Precision or Olympic Arms so I can't really comment about that.

Now, I'am a HUGE fan of the Grendel, used it last season to take my buck and quite a few hogs...it hits hard for its size. It is my go-to hunting cartridge, but I would also suggest looking at the 6.8SPC. It's a fine round, with more common parts/ammo/etc. I've used a 6.8SPC rifle to take 3 nice boars since November. If you search 6.8 SPC or SPC II you may find more uppers to choose from. Just a suggestion.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Adam Lee

Re: 6.5 Grendel upper question - Cam? others?

Post by Adam Lee »

thanks for the thoughts, Cam.....what you say is part of what I've been thinking as I move into this project. 6.5 and 6.8 are both cool and worthy. We'll see!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.