Great 8 Event

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
jack1653

Great 8 Event

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

I have been dealt some bad news. My mother-in-law who was 93 has past away. Her estate is in the process of being probated and is being contested by the other daughter. This involves the farm where I was planning on holding the event this summer. It is highly probable the farm will be sold to settles the estate and if it is sold I am left out. I do not feel comfortable waiting until later this summer to make the announcement about cancelling the event. I sincerely apologize to those of you who were looking forward to the event.

I very much would like to help plan such an event and will do whatever I can to make the event happen, but I do not have a place to hold the event at this time. I will explore other options in the area and will see if I can find a place. I am sure that I can find a place for us to meet but I can not guarantee a place to shoot. i will keep everyone posted. I thank all of you for your understanding.

Kindest Regards,

Jack
Phyrbird

Re: Great 8 Event

Post by Phyrbird »

Jack,
Sorry for your loss, I can empathize with your and your wife's grief.
I know too the turmoil of estate problems , my family and inlaws have not a good history in those situations. I hope you can avoid getting in the middle as I had to do on many occasions, it hurts to face family stressed by grief.
If we can make a event happen I would be delighted, if I just have to come for a visit OK. I'd like that.
Some other options: we could set up a couple three tables at the Louisville show (expensive tables & parking), we could set up a couple tables at the Cave City Ky show in spring/fall (reasonable)

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/cave_city.html

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/jag ... sville-ky/

There are others in Owensboro and Paducah if we like....
Phyrbird
SOKY
Adam Lee

Re: Great 8 Event

Post by Adam Lee »

Jack,

I also am sorry that you and your family are dealt these difficult events. Don't worry about the upset to the plans that were started - be well, and God bless!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.