Model 8 owner needs forum assistance

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
liberty

Model 8 owner needs forum assistance

Post by liberty »

81police

Re: Model 8 owner needs forum assistance

Post by 81police »

Liberty, I don't remember getting an email about an account. If you have contact with this person please have them email me and we'll get him sorted! (cat9x@hotmail.com)

I briefly read the thread about his action spring tube. The replies I read sounded correct; it's threaded into the receiver w/ very fine threads. This part is very rarely removed. I've taken one or two off before using the plug hole at the end for leverage. If he needs a tube you may get lucky and find one on auction sites, otherwise he could try a Remington M11 or Browning A5 tube and see if it fits, but I don't know if the springs were the same length (doubtful) but perhaps the tube could be trimmed to length. That is if the threads correspond.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Johnhalf

Post by Johnhalf »

81police wrote:Liberty, I don't remember getting an email about an account. If you have contact with this person please have them email me and we'll get him sorted! (cat9x@hotmail.com)

I briefly read the thread about his action spring tube. The replies I read sounded correct; it's threaded into the receiver w/ very fine threads. This part is very rarely removed. I've taken one or two off before using the plug hole at the end for leverage. If he needs a tube you may get lucky and find one on auction sites, otherwise he could try a Remington M11 or Browning A5 tube and see if it fits, but I don't know if the springs were the same length (doubtful) but perhaps the tube could be trimmed to length. That is if the threads correspond.
Numrich has them for around $25.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufactur ... -39576.htm
"Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands." Jeff Cooper
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Hey Liberty, Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is very helpful when they can be. I read your thread on the other forum. Sounds like your gunsmith should be able to remove the action spring tube from your receivers top tang. The threads are fine, but if he can get a hold of the action tube, he should be able to remove the last bit of the soldered tube and you can replace the part with ease.

We would like to help you rescue your Model 8, with the action tube that you need. Please give us a shout at our email address below & we would be happy to send you the part at no cost to you. Please email us @ s-shuntclub@sbcglobal.net and we'll make arrangements with you, to get the action tube coming your way.

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB

liberty

Post by liberty »

S and S HUNTCLUB wrote:Hey Liberty, Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is very helpful when they can be. I read your thread on the other forum. Sounds like your gunsmith should be able to remove the action spring tube from your receivers top tang. The threads are fine, but if he can get a hold of the action tube, he should be able to remove the last bit of the soldered tube and you can replace the part with ease.

We would like to help you rescue your Model 8, with the action tube that you need. Please give us a shout at our email address below & we would be happy to send you the part at no cost to you. Please email us @ s-shuntclub@sbcglobal.net and we'll make arrangements with you, to get the action tube coming your way.

You have confused me with the other gentleman. I am 6mm on the other site but thank very much for the welcome. I believe 81police is in contact with him.

All the best.

Liberty
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Thanks for the heads up Liberty. Maybe Cam can relay the message, if he is in contact with the gentleman. Thanks again.