Why is this site so slow?

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
In The Ten Ring

Why is this site so slow?

Post by In The Ten Ring »

What I mean is, and I hope the very question isn't deemed offensive to the site owners and contributors, but comments aren't very fluid here. I belong to a few other discussion forums and most are lively. Granted Parallax Bill's Curio and Relics Forum has gone relatively mute after milsurps stopped coming into the country en mass but this site is basically quiet most of the time.

Any ideas why that is? Should I not have asked?
norm

Re: Why is this site so slow?

Post by norm »

ten ring, There not a lot of 8/81 owners compared to other rifle or handgun models.
In The Ten Ring

Oh I understand that but even then......

*Fewer owners might be a good thing, considering the limited number of rifles to collect.
Joe Kent

Post by Joe Kent »

Norm hit it on the head, we are a small community, but none the less a happy and helpful one. All my best, Joe.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey In The Ten Ring,

I would like to think that the members will jump to the aid of anybody who is requesting help. Many inquires are stated as statements leaving one to wonder if they need help or are just making a statement. I for one will not respond to every inquiry particularly if it has been addressed elsewhere in the forum. I will answer new comers questions if they are asking for help on a topic that has not been addressed in previous threads.

Most, if not all, inquires have been answered multiple times and I think the newcomers can benefit from reading some of the threads in the various topics. If you can not find the answer, then by all means let us know that you have searched the site and could not find the topic that best describes what it is you are looking for and I am sure many of the old timers will not mind coming to the rescue. We are not a bashful lot to state our opinions and nor are we presumptuous enough to think that all inquires are wanting an answer.

Kindest Regards,

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

I think everybody hit the nail on the head. This site wasn't developed with the intention to have half a million members, on the contrary, this is VERY much a niche website and because of that will never generate the numbers of members you find on other gun sites. That's not a bad thing however, we have a number of dedicated AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE members here who can answer just about any question related to the 8/81 with authority. And there you have the two-fold purpose of this site, to equip people with 8/81 knowledge & resources, and build a little :D community.

Great question BTW!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
In The Ten Ring

I must admit, I kinda "trolled" you guys with that one. I figured it was the sort of question that would lure out replies. :mrgreen:

I'm thoroughly infected now.......so I'm excited and posting a lot, asking a lot of questions, etc. but noticing the lack of activity. :(