C&R tips appreciated

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Adam Lee

C&R tips appreciated

Post by Adam Lee »

Hey 'yall from Virginia once again!

C&R (curio and relic) questions from me today - for your consideration. First off, just wanted to make sure my essential understanding of the legal stuff - that "most" guns 50 years old from today's date are covered by C&R rules. So, a 1964 Model 760 pump would be considered C&R eligible, correct?

Second, as long as you keep your "bound book" or registration notebook, Uncle Sam lets you purchase an unlimited number of guns on your C&R license each year. Right or wrong?

I know some guys don't like the detail of government being legally capable of investigating your guns if you have a C&R. Anyway, just a few questions I had. Thanks!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Sarge756

Re: C&R tips appreciated

Post by Sarge756 »

Affirmative on both....50 years or older from todays date qualifies.
Many as your purse will support or "better-half" puts up with.

The record keeping is pretty straight forward and is something you should do anyway to keep records of your collection whether acquired with a C&R or not.

$30 for 3 years is a pretty good deal .One transaction with a FFL holder would be that much or more. Follow the rules and don`t try to interpret the law in your favor. Example: Military rifles in original configuration NOT sporterized.

Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
In The Ten Ring

Re: C&R tips appreciated

Post by In The Ten Ring »

I don't like govt with many powers at all.

There is a list of weapons on the ATF's C&R list so age isn't really a factor, unless a weapon was made before 1898.

*Sporterized is not C&R? It's a good thing I don't like sporterized weapons. Although barreled actions are OK on the C&R license, or according to the ATF office I called. That brings up another point.....

Don't expect each ATF office to have a clue. I called three different offices and got three different answers to the same question.