.32 Rem rimless rifle owners - share your stories!

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Adam Lee

.32 Rem rimless rifle owners - share your stories!

Post by Adam Lee »

OK got to get a message out before work - as a new Remington rimless orphan ammo club member, with a '23 M14 and 20 rounds of Joe's xlnt reloads, I ask this question:

.32 Rem rifle owners - M8's/M14's/M30's and even those rare lever action Stevens guns - share your stories if you can!

I wish to fine tune my early Remingtons into the 4 rimless calibers. Anyway, this is my post of the day!

take care all
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
In The Ten Ring

Re: .32 Rem rimless rifle owners - share your stories!

Post by In The Ten Ring »

I'd like to have a .32 Remington but I"d better learn to reload first.
olskool

Post by olskool »

i had known what the model 8/81 were most of my life but had never seen one in person. they were not popular in SC a few years ago when GB came along i just had to have one. i am a young 57 year old that has been handloading from the time i was 10 years old. i like obsolete and odd calibers so i bought a 1929 model 8 in 32 rem. man i loved it. i killed a couple of deer with it and loved it even more. i then bought a model 8 in 35 then a model 81 in 35 then a model 8 in 25 now to find a FN1900
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey olskool,

Sounds like you may be coming down with a case of "jackitis". :D :D :D Those FN's are as rare as eyelashes on eggs! :o

Regards,

jack1653
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

jack1653 wrote:Hey olskool,

Sounds like you may be coming down with a case of "jackitis". :D :D :D Those FN's are as rare as eyelashes on eggs! :o

Regards,

jack1653
So Jack, now that your attention was grabbed by the mention of FN Browning spring-poles!

What I'd like to know about your own fantastic M8/81 collection is if you have any "words of wisdom" on shooting/loading for the .32 round in particular. I know you've got that incredible 3-barrel custom cased rifle - with vintage reloading tools - ever put that into play? Any favorite loads on the .32? If you've managed to collect other Remington rifles (Model 30 Express/Model 14/141 etc.) chambered in .32, I'd appreciate any feedback or history in this area.
Thanks for your time!

Take care
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the comments. I have never tried reloading rifle ammo so I can't offer any advice on the best loads. There are others who are better informed to give advice. I do not shoot the majority of my rifles and prefer the collecting rather than shooting these days. I guess getting older and dealing with some physical limitations keep me from getting out like I use to do.

The Ideal reloader was just a nice feature that I wanted in the "Project Rifle". It is there as a conversation item and was rare so that is why I bought it.

Kindest Regards,

Jack