Model 8 carry bag

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
TRX

Model 8 carry bag

Post by TRX »

I live in a place where I don't particularly want the neighbors to know I have guns in the house when nobody is home. So I use various "sports" bags to schlep rifles out to the car. The Mosin 91/30 is so long that I wound up with a "golf bag cover", which is a bag you put your golf bag in... the sports accessory market has bags for almost everything...

So, I wanted something more appropriate to the Remington when broken down, and I was particularly after "stealth", so I found this one on eBay. It was $27 with free shipping from England. It's heavy cloth-reinforced vinyl, waterproof except for the zipper, and has spring-steel rods along the zipper that hold the bag open and straight when unzipped. I need to make a foam-and-terrycloth divider for the rifle halves. There's room for ammo and muffs, too.

Someday I'll be able to afford one of those nice leather Model 8 carrying cases, but this will do for now.
Attachments
Model 8 bag.JPG
Model 8 bag.JPG (13.94 KiB) Viewed 6994 times
Bandersnatch

Re: Model 8 carry bag

Post by Bandersnatch »

Now *that* is a nifty solution.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

Remember John Browning designed the model 8 to be transported in the take down manner. Back then most mode of transportation was horse, stage coach, and model T autos. Your carrying bag could be half the length and your neighbors would never know what you had. Just the view from the saddle.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Wise plan... in most places these days.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

I used to wait until the very wee hours before moving guns to and from my car when I lived in an apartment in Charlotte, NC.

The tool bag is a good idea though.
dobletroble

Post by dobletroble »

The 22" version of these works very well - and already has a divider: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/93929 ... rifle-case