I found a barrel tool!

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Bandersnatch

I found a barrel tool!

Post by Bandersnatch »

Found on Ebay for 62.00. A trifle spendy, but I really wanted to get the barrel apart and check for rust. This is the 81 I found at the gun show and I had found some rust inside the receiver, so I was concerned for the inside of the barrel jacket. This little dingus made it easy and now my 81 is clean inside and out. :)
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
jack1653

Re: I found a barrel tool!

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Bandersnatch,

You have found a great tool. I purchased the same tool several months ago and it works very well. I have spent a lot on various tools for these old spring poles and each has its pluses and minuses. This tool has everything in one place and is easy to use. The seller has done a fantastic job in getting the right tooling.

Regards,

jack1653
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

Holy moly! I just bought that same tool on ebay a few hours ago and for the same price! I'll have to do the tear downs in my dad's garage since my vise is impossible to get to right now. I'll try to post pics.
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

I tried my tool (this one in the thread) and it fits the muzzle like a glove. I think I'll disassemble my Model 8 and 81's (when they get here) this week and do some detailed cleaning.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

In The Ten Ring wrote:I tried my tool (this one in the thread) and it fits the muzzle like a glove. I think I'll disassemble my Model 8 and 81's (when they get here) this week and do some detailed cleaning.

Yeah, I feel like I have to buy another one just so I can take it apart and clean it.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.