AMMO

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
CLIFF W

AMMO

Post by CLIFF W »

I have been looking at cabela's, gander mtn and dicks sporting goods as well as a number of local gun shops for 35 Remington ammo for my Model 8. Anyone know what is going on? has there been a reduction in manufacturing? I can't get any answers from these store clerks other than that they can't get it
81police

Re: AMMO

Post by 81police »

I've noticed 35Rem is frequently out of stock. What I've done in the past is get setup with the "notify me" feature with MidwayUSA so I'll get an email immediately when any 35Rem is in stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?sortby=1& ... ionid=9804
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
GRUMPA

Post by GRUMPA »

35Rem is only made seasonally, not all year round. If and when you find some do yourself a favor and stock up, or learn to reload. Brass from what I've read is no longer being made by Remington, could be cyber rumor I don't know. Winchester I have no clue about. I kept getting asked about doing the brass, took me a while to figure it out, which is made from 308 mil brass. Although a thicker case a persons going to need to reduce his loads about 4-5% but at least there wont be a shortage of brass.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

EEEUUUWWW :!: :!:

I really hate the idea of swaging down case heads. Not easy. works the brass even more.

We need to moan and whine till someone listens and makes more factory cases
Phyrbird
SOKY