30 remington shell holder

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Roger

30 remington shell holder

Post by Roger »

I'm sure that some of you know this already,but I learned about it this morning. Quite by accident I discovered that 30,32,@25 remington brass will fit nicely in my Colt 38 Super Auto shell holder. I don't know if this is a case of accidental luck. But I do know that both guns were designed by JMB. Whether Remington designed the 30 rem. cartridge by using the 38 auto as a model or starting point,I don't know. But I believe unless I'm mistaken,that JMB designed the Colt 38 Auto pistol and usually he designed his own cartridges for his own gun designs. I welcome any information that you members may have on these subjects. Or any opinions about the same.
Anyways, I do know that the shell holder for 30 rem. can be difficult to find these days. So it gives members reloading these calibers another option. Also remember that 6.8 spc was designed with 30 rem. As a parent case.
Just hoping for some dialogue on this subject.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Sarge756

Re: 30 remington shell holder

Post by Sarge756 »

Roger, I don`t load for 38 Super so have never tried that. Have had other calibers that worked with a different holder than the book called for though. The book says the RCBS #19 is for 30 Rem and #39 is for 38 Super. There are a number of each on Fleabay at the moment for less than $10 and free shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RCBS-Shell- ... 540f33916b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCBS-Shell-Hold ... 2a3b454f63
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
norm

Re: 30 remington shell holder

Post by norm »

Shellholder for 10mm Auto or 40 S&W also fits 30 Remington. Not surprising since the original 10 Auto used cut down 30 Remington brass.