30 Remington Brass

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Sarge756

30 Remington Brass

Post by Sarge756 »

There have been numerous posts lately concerning reloading for our Model 8/81`s. If you are new to the reloading game it is a tough time to start with the shortage of components just about everywhere. Many of you expressed frustration at being unable to locate brass particularly for the 30 Remington. Adam Lee and others said they were passing over offerings of rifles in this chambering due to not being able to shoot them.
I reached out on another forum with a request for 30Rem brass. A good member there came through and offered half of his supply to me at a reasonable price. His name is Tom and he farms in SW Iowa .I told him about our forum and he has visited us. Hope he will quit lurking and join us soon. We`ve also had some posts re cast bullets for our rifles and Tom is experienced with this and I hope he will share his knowledge with us in the future.
In an effort to encourage those here that are new to reloading or in real need to be able to shoot their rifles I have posted some of the brass in the For Sale area . The shipped price is what I paid + shipping.
Joe

PS Adam Lee...I have a bag of 50 reserved for you.
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Adam Lee

Re: 30 Remington Brass

Post by Adam Lee »

Oh man - my name was specifically mentioned in the .30 Remington "frustration thread" - I am a marked man! :cry:

Joe, I salute your efforts in keeping orphaned cartridges alive for the shooters of the future!

I did send you a PM, btw.
And yep, I am keeping my eyes peeled for those 14's and 8's in .30 Rem.....

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

There have been numerous posts lately concerning reloading for our Model 8/81`s. If you are new to the reloading game it is a tough time to start with the shortage of components just about everywhere. Many of you expressed frustration at being unable to locate brass particularly for the 30 Remington. Adam Lee and others said they were passing over offerings of rifles in this chambering due to not being able to shoot them.
I reached out on another forum with a request for 30Rem brass. A good member there came through and offered half of his supply to me at a reasonable price. His name is Tom and he farms in SW Iowa .I told him about our forum and he has visited us. Hope he will quit lurking and join us soon. We`ve also had some posts re cast bullets for our rifles and Tom is experienced with this and I hope he will share his knowledge with us in the future.
In an effort to encourage those here that are new to reloading or in real need to be able to shoot their rifles I have posted some of the brass in the For Sale area . The shipped price is what I paid + shipping.
Joe

PS Adam Lee...I have a bag of 50 reserved for you.
Thank you for providing this to us Adam. Hopefully, you would free up the shipping fee :)
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Hey Sarge,
Any of those 30 Rem cases left, am suprised with numerous posts about scaresity of these cases they are not all gone. Thanks, Jerry
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Jerry, Still have them and as surprised as you. Guess there must be something to that old adage about leading a horse to water but you can`t make him drink.
Joe
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Sarge,
You have stuck your neck out so to speak and this old horse would like a drink, had your mailing address here somewhere but can't locate it right now, my filing system leaves much to be desired and occassionaly stumble onto something long lost that is like a new treasure. Please email your mailing address at sodbuster37@q.com and will get payment to you for 50 cases, $ 43 I think was quoted.
Thanks for running these cases down and providing service to our members and their orphans.
Regards,
Jerry ( old sighthound, going on 90 next BD)
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Jerry,
Sent you an email with details. Thanks for order and kind words.
Joe