my old deuce six-by-six.....I miss her!

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Adam Lee

my old deuce six-by-six.....I miss her!

Post by Adam Lee »

1970 M35A2
LD 465 Multifuel Turbodiesel
less than 30k miles

owned and enjoyed from 2001-2009 and kicking myself for selling her to pay off a debt!!!

I wanted to eventually modify the truck into a "bobbed" deuce, with shortened rear frame rails and one less rear axle. Why am I posting this, you ask?
Yes, I saw one while I was out and about and got all sentimental all over again! If any of you folks here on the forum had any deuce and a half experience, or 5-tons for that matter, please feel free to chime in. These trucks are awesome if you can spend the time to brew your own biodiesel or find a good source of "alternative" fuels. Mine would burn anything and chug right along - filtered ATF, stale helicopter fuel (J2) and old kerosene, you name it the LD 465 would eat it up.

OK that's enough of a Sunday morning off-roading flashback for now!
Y'all take care. BTW I'm the guy on the right with the bald head!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Headoftheholler

Re: my old deuce six-by-six.....I miss her!

Post by Headoftheholler »

Those things are flat out awesome
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Great Model 8 Team,

This is kind of funny. I went to take a look at the website for my old Virginia State Guard unit, Blackhorse BDE/23BN/E CO, and saw that my old deuce was STILL alive....my very same truck is the "background" behind some of the soldiers of my unit....but I was standing with another soldier at the rear of the truck, talking shop (amazing!) when the photo was snapped.

http://www.blackhorsevdf.org/

That was from a 2008 or 2009 public relations exercise at Manassas, VA I believe it was an antique car show event. Our unit was recruiting volunteers and my Company CO at the time asked if I could bring my truck, use it for drill that day, and take it along with us to the car show/recruiting setup.

Funny to see the truck is still on the web!!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Hairtrigger

Post by Hairtrigger »

Awesome hunting rig....think how much gear and deer it will haul
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Hairtrigger wrote:Awesome hunting rig....think how much gear and deer it will haul
I'd be surprised if there weren't any other current or former deuce/5-tonners here on this forum.

Other MV's I've owned include M37 Dodge pickup (1952), M151A2 Mutt (1973), M880 Dodge 4x4 (1976), M1008 Chevy CUCV 4x4 (1985 K30), M1009 Chevy CUCV 4x4 (1986 Blazer K10) and various trailers.

Adam