Had to put hunting partner down today

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
sting75ray

Had to put hunting partner down today

Post by sting75ray »

Here are some pics I took of her today before we put her down.

Hardrada55

Re: Had to put hunting partner down today

Post by Hardrada55 »

I know what you're going through. Hang in there. The pain never really goes away, but it gets manageable. Don't ever forget that you did the right thing by her.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
Roger

Post by Roger »

Sir,
I had to put my Brittany down 13 years ago. I didn't get another dog because she was like another chid to me. I know your pain all too well. Just keep remembering all those great days afield together and try to keep those positive feelings in the forefront of your mind. You did the right thing by taking the pain and suffering away. Please know that your dog is in a big field with many birds in front of them,right now!
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

We have to enjoy each day to the fullest, unfortunately we often fall short. We often get carried away with material things and slight those we cherish the most, our little buddies are always there for us with loyality and foregivness and ready to carry on to the end and it is hard for the one remaining. Many have been there, the memories remain, time heals, all go on. There is many other little buddies out there needing homes and companship, has taken some time after each loss, but we have more to give and receive and carry on though not easy.
sting75ray

Post by sting75ray »

Here are some pics of her when she was younger. She rode with me every day in my Peterbilt.