Charles Daly Auto Pointer - barrel interchange q's

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Adam Lee

Charles Daly Auto Pointer - barrel interchange q's

Post by Adam Lee »

Guys,

not in the best of moods at the moment, have to hurry up and post this question before I lose it....

1. the Japanese-made A5 knock-off shotguns - Charles Daly Auto Pointer for example - any idea if the barrel will swap to either a Remington 11 or my Savage 720? best way to find out is if'n someone has an Auto Pointer and would be willing to try. they look darn near identical, even ejectors...

2. Daiwa 500 (I think) is another A5 clone. anyone with luck swapping barrels to a Model 11 or Savage 720?

that's it. quadruple hernia surgery (unplanned!) and school starting next week is not cool. might have to get a short-term sub to cover my class for a week or two if doctor recommends. crap, this is the suckiest start of a school term I ever had....

"whining over"......sorry for the atitude

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Sarge756

Re: Charles Daly Auto Pointer - barrel interchange q's

Post by Sarge756 »

Hope they give you some good Meds for your attitude and the pain. "Better Living Through Chemistry". As to an A5 Clone fitting an 11 or 720 I would be surprised if it did since the originals don`t. Hope you have fast recovery.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Joe, I've been given good enough pain drugs but I have learned the hard way that in order to be comfortable, I can't move much at all, and it's been one full week since surgery.
I think I have myself to blame for it since I've been walking my dog the last couple of days, and she's a "gotta walk" husky mix, and even going at the breathtaking speed of negative five miles per hour, I probably shouldn't have been. (I walk like Tim Conway when he does the old slow guy for a visual)

Problem is that as a teacher, I am saddled with a million things to get done in advance of any kids entering my classroom, and I haven't gone in a single day this week to prepare. Only went in for 2 hours on Tuesday for an attempt at a grade level staff meeting, and that was too much, yeah I am learning the hard way like usual.

So today's the post-op medical follow-up with the surgeon and he'll tell me what is what. I just have to accept the fact that I might not be ready to go back to work as soon as I want to. My student open house is scheduled for 2-3 pm, I've never missed one, and I just might have to.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Adam,
Take care of yourself, If you don't you won't be able to give the students what they need. Heal Brother....
I still really appreciate your continued input on our forum.

Carl
Phyrbird
SOKY
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Carl,

it's good to hear your interpretation that I provide "input" and not "garbage".... :lol:

got my stuff together, it's off to see Dr. Kutmeopen!!
then, I will finally know what to plan for school next week and so on.
wouldn't be surprised if he said I had to use a wheelchair, but I just can't envision myself having a very serious effect on a new group of low-performing sixth graders, with being Cannon (remember him!) getting my awesome teaching on from three feet lower than the kids.

yep. Adam, just shut up and go on already.
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Adam,
Hang in there fella, pain is a bummer and a challenge, the medics will repair your body and end the pain, pain free your attitude will respond positively, don't worry about school or classes, get sub help and take pleanty of convelesence time, no one is indespencible, your sub and students will do just fine until you can return, I know what I am talking about, at nearly 89 have been over a few bumps and came back stronger each time. As for barrel question I found the Daly Auto Pointer will go onto a Model 11, a Daiwa will not, there are obvious differences in milling cuts of all. I would not want to risk a Model 11 receiver or a Auto Pointer barrel or my body parts by firing. If you are needing a barrel I have extra Model 11, Browning A5 and Savage 720/745 barrels and possibly could help fill a need.
The important thing is get your body repaired, everything will then fall into place.
Jerry
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

sighthound wrote:Adam,
Hang in there fella, pain is a bummer and a challenge, the medics will repair your body and end the pain, pain free your attitude will respond positively, don't worry about school or classes, get sub help and take pleanty of convelesence time, no one is indespencible, your sub and students will do just fine until you can return, I know what I am talking about, at nearly 89 have been over a few bumps and came back stronger each time. As for barrel question I found the Daly Auto Pointer will go onto a Model 11, a Daiwa will not, there are obvious differences in milling cuts of all. I would not want to risk a Model 11 receiver or a Auto Pointer barrel or my body parts by firing. If you are needing a barrel I have extra Model 11, Browning A5 and Savage 720/745 barrels and possibly could help fill a need.
The important thing is get your body repaired, everything will then fall into place.
Jerry

Thanks for the motivation - FYI the doc said all is normal, I just have more than usual post-op recovery pain due to my QUADRUPLE HERNIAS.... 2 pairs each! One pair, inguinal (yep just south of the ol' sack) and second pair were FEMORAL hernias....WTF!!!! One of which, was "incarcerated" which meant it was an artery that got pinched off in my thigh and was what was causing me extreme frikkin pain! If that had gone longer, it would've been bad news!

But, thanks to the magic of Vicodin, and my getting on a better routine of taking meds, pain is under control. Plus, school went OK this afternoon - I believe I will be in the teacher's chair next Tuesday, ready to rock!! :roll: maybe....

...and check your PM's Jerry!!

thanks Adam
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Well, I lost the Auto Pointer bid on GB last week - whatever!

But I just got home from school, saw I DID win the GB auction for a Savage 720 30" barrel - just what I wanted in the first place.

It will all fall in place - soon, I will have a companion shorty barrel for my 720!

Healing better every day. Walking lots, pay for it in the evenings, but that's what beer & pain pills are for.

OK you didn't hear me say that - just talking there......

Adam